Following a proper diet requires a person with a lot of motivation and strong will in order to stick to the diet, but many people have trouble controlling their cravings for food in the long hours of the day. Due to this, the holy month of Ramadan, is a good chance to get rid of bad eating habits and create new and good habits in a person’s diet that can help in losing weight and becoming healthier overall. In order to achieve a healthier more balanced diet one can follow the following steps to help to reach their goals to lose weight but it requires a bit of will power.
1.Do not forget to eat suhoor because it is considered an alternative meal instead of breakfast, giving the body energy and power to deal with the long hours of fasting. It also helps the body keep up its metabolism while you are fasting. There are many studies that prove that the people who do not eat suhoor are at a higher risk of headaches, constipation, and weight gain. Also, whenever one eats closer to the time of fajr is better because it is less time of deprivation from food for the body.
2.Balance your iftaar. After the long hours of fasting the body feels a great amount of hunger and wants to eat large amounts of food. In order to help your body lessen this desire do the following:
· Begin with 3 dates and water.
· Move on to a bowl of soup but stay away from soups with a lot of sodium and fats.
· Continue your meal with salad.
· Use small size plates. This allows you to think you are eating a full plate of food, and become full once the plate is done.
· Have a slow pace while eating. This is one of the most important steps because there are a lot of studies that prove that the body needs 20 minutes in order to feel full. When you eat slowly, you allow your brain to send nerve impulses to your stomach that you do not need any more food. The stomach is a rubber-like organ and no matter how much you eat it will expand in order to fit all the food. If you eat a lot of food and you eat it quickly, the stomach will feel bloated and give an overall feeling of sickness.
3.Do not eat sweets in general, especially those with sugary syrup. Replace these sweets with nuts and fruits (which can also be dried fruits), which are rich in fibers that help with digestion.
4.Drink a lot of water. There are foods that contain water that can be eaten as a snack between iftaar and suhoor.
5.Exercise for at least 30 minutes, 2 hours after iftaar, which helps burn fats without allowing these fats to accumulate. This exercise will help you feel more energized and active.
You can also make your own workout plan by using Workout Plan Builder.