If you have a long hours working day, you probably will want something to eat to fuel-up your energy and avoid being extremely hungry that you over eat once you get home.
At the same time you need a nutritious, low-calorie snack that doesn't lead to gaining weight.
Here are some ideas for work-convenient healthy snacks...
What to avoid?
Try to avoid this list of snacks at work because they are usually lauded with added sugar, fats and salt:
- Added sugar drinks like soft drinks, ready juices, hot drinks
- High fat fast food orders
Healthy Snack ideas:
These suggestions are easy to take to work, have more nutrients (fiber, vitamins and minerals) and small amount of calories per serving, but still you need not to over eat from them.
- An apple, banana, or dates
- Slices of carrot or cucumber
- Peeled and sectioned oranges
- Hummus or peanut butter with toast bread
- Small can of plain yogurt, or fruit yogurt
- A handful of nuts, almond or mixed
- About 2-3 tablespoon of dried fruit like figs, raisins or apricots
- Mini-rice cakes or popcorn cakes
- Graham crackers or pretzels
- Fresh fruit juices if available
- About half a cup of canned corn or beans or fruit (without its syrup because it usually have added sugar)
- A handful of cereals (low sugar option or oatmeal)
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Less frequently; a small piece of chocolate